How Do I Withdraw From Western Seminary Print

Modified on: Tue, 12 Jul, 2022 at 4:04 PM


First, let’s clarify what type of withdraw you need.

By completing any of the below, you will be successfully removed from automated communications (other than related, outstanding Business Office matters).

Class Withdraw

If you want to drop a class, you can do so directly through your S.I.S. account up to the tenth week in any term. To drop the course, simply go to Student Records > My Course History > Drop Course.

After the tenth week of the term, you will have to file an Academic Petition (under S.I.S. > Student Records > Academic Petition) to withdraw. 

Note: All refunds will be assessed accordingly to the refund schedule outlined under the Course Description at time of drop. 

Sitting Out a Term or Leaving Western Seminary

If at any point, you need to take a break from attending Western Seminary or plan on stopping your program entirely, please take the following steps:

  1. Email your advisor or the Student Development Deans.
  2. Once you’ve discussed your plan with your advisor or a Dean, email Student Services with the following information:
    • Your first and last name
    • Your ID number
    • A short explanation for either your break or the termination of your program
    • Confirmation you’ve connected with your advisor or a Student Development Dean
    • The semester you plan to return (if applicable)

Medical Withdraw

If you have had a serious diagnoseable health challenge and need to stop your studies to recover, please contact the Dean of Student Success directly for specific next steps. In your email, please provide:

  • Your first and last name
  • Your ID number
  • A short explanation for your medical withdraw
  • The semester you plan to return (if applicable)

Did you find it helpful? Yes No

Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.