If I Drop Or Withdraw, Can I Get A Refund? Print

Modified on: Tue, 12 Jul, 2022 at 4:01 PM


If you need to drop a course, you may be eligible for a partial tuition refund. The refund percentage decreases as the semester progresses. 

To access the refund schedule, visit the Registration menu in S.I.S.. Click on the course that you are interested in dropping and/or withdrawing from, and click the “Details” button. Any refund received will be credited to your student account—to be used in a future semester. If you would rather receive your refund via check, please contact the Business Office.

Financial Aid

Dropping or withdrawing from a course when you have student loans may require you to submit your Direct Loan funds back immediately to Western Seminary per DOE regulations. 100% of scholarships and grants on dropped courses will be reversed, which may create an additional amount owed by the student to Western. 

Please speak with the Financial Aid department, along with your advisor prior to dropping your courses. Tuition paid by a third party, such as a church, may need to be refunded directly to the third party.

Special Circumstances

If you have special circumstances causing you to withdraw from either a course, a term, or Western Seminary, you can learn more about the withdrawal process here.


Did you find it helpful? Yes No

Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.